a href="http://www.twitter.com/towncrierbakery">Follow towncrierbakery on Twitter
WedAlert.com! Your wedding planning just got easier!
Bookmark and Share

Friday, January 8, 2010

Italian heritage and breads


Yesterday I decided to invade my husbands territory in the back of the bakery which means I entered the "no Roseann allowed bake zone". The back of the bakery where Kerry bakes is usually left up to the real bakers. Well I decided to let my self wander to the back and bring back some of the great memories of living in Naples, Italy flow into the breads Kerry was making today. When I lived in Naples, we would buy our breads at the local bread store just around the corner were every morning they would come out fresh from the brick ovens. The smells were savory and sweet. The fun part of it as a child was when my dad would bring the fresh bread home and we would lower the basket down from the apartment and pull it back up quickly ( few times I would get tempted to be naughty and swing it around)so we could pull apart the bread and slab butter on it yes butter. One of my favorite breads was a crusty bread that was filled with fresh tomatoes basil and roasted peppers with garlic and olive oil baked inside of the bread. Well let me tell you one way trip to a foodies divine adventure that makes you want to keep going back. I made the bread today and just added my spin on to it and added fresh mozzarella and enclosed. I truly was proud of myself and felt like I was back in Naples for even just a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment