a href="http://www.twitter.com/towncrierbakery">Follow towncrierbakery on Twitter
WedAlert.com! Your wedding planning just got easier!
Bookmark and Share

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Seasoned Croutons

Well it snowed all night and today. We finally were closed for a day at the bakery which was nice for my husband to have a Saturday off. I was determined to make something that I love with my salad but usually cost me some extra points. Croutons I love croutons yes they are simple food but oh so good when done right. Crunchy and seasoned make your salad worth it when you take a forkful of salad and your croutons in your mouth it is a happy marriage to me. Store bought croutons are high in points so I decided to try making my own. Of course I used a loaf of the Town Crier Bakery french bread that I had brought home. The bread was a day old which was perfect for my crouton adventure a small one but still a adventure for me. I sliced the croutons keeping the cube together. You sprinkle with 1-1/2 tsp salt free seasoning and blend with 1 tsp of garlic powder. Bake until golden brown about 30 minutes. You can store up until a week. 6-8 croutons are only one point. Even a bakery can hold some surprises for us dieters.

No comments:

Post a Comment